Run-out, wobble specification for shaft on

Discuss AC Induction motors, Reversible motors, Synchronous motors, Low-Speed Synchronous motors, Torque motors, Gearheads, Brake Packs and related Accessories here.
tek

Run-out, wobble specification for shaft on

Postby tek » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:02 pm

Where can I find run-out, wobble, specification for the VHI590A2-12.5U motor, particularly for motor shaft? I seem to be running into fairly large run-out on my new motor and would like to know is it up to spec.

Thank you!

tek

Re: Run-out, wobble specification for shaft on

Postby tek » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:05 pm

I meant run-out on the gear-head since that's where I connect...

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Hi tek,

Unfortunately, we do not provide wobble or shaft runout specifications for AC motors and brushless motors and their dedicated gearheads/gearboxes since these products were not designed for applications where precision is critical (such as step motors or linear actuators). You indicated that you were able to see some wobble at the gearbox output shaft. If you are able to see any wobbling effect, it most likely means that the bearing inside the gearbox has been damaged; especially if the motor shaft (without the gearbox) does not wobble at all. If you see a much larger wobble effect at the load, then you may also have misalignment issues.

If you purchased the motor directly from us, please know that we test all components at every stage of the manufacturing process as well as a final product test to eliminate these defects and performance issues before we ship our products out. Other possible causes may be shipping damage which we cannot control. If you purchased the product from any company outside of Oriental Motor's sales network (including authorized distributors listed on our website), then we cannot guarantee the same quality or honor our 2-year manufacturer's warranty.

Where did you purchase our product from?

tek

Postby tek » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:49 pm

I purchased it directly from your web-site. For fairly expensive motor and gear-head I am very surprised that you do not provide run-out specifications. I was thinking using these motors on large project where I would need many of them but now I have to reconsider.

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi tek,

Can you provide your invoice number or order number for the order that included the VHI590A2-12.5U model in discussion? Once I verify your order, we will begin an RMA process to take the product back, then we will perform an inspection at our site to investigate the cause of the issue. This issue is a bit strange to us since these types of defective issues do not happen with our products. A wobbling gear shaft would not pass our final product inspection before they are shipped out to our customers.

You can e-mail your order information to me directly @ johannt@orientalmotor.com.

Typically, the gear shaft bearing would be damaged if a load mounted to the shaft exceeds our overhung load and thrust load specifications, which would explain the wobble effect. You can only see the normal shaft wobble with a precision instrument.

What kind of shaft runout are you experiencing? We are curious.

robertcoles

Postby robertcoles » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:58 am

We obtained that right through your web-site. Regarding relatively pricey motor as well as gear-head I will be very stunned you do not offer run-out requirements. We has been considering making use of these kinds of motors in large task where by I would have to have many yet today I can re-think.
You can join us for best 642-447 dump dumps exam & oracle training solutions. Our Intel contains all those materials you want to pass for real wiki pedia exam & ase training.

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:45 pm

Hi robertcoles and tek,

The shaft run-out is less than 100 micron for our AC gearmotors. This value is based on the actual measurements + a safety margin. Please use this as a reference value. Hope this helps!

Can you disclose some more details about your motor applications and how exactly the run-out affects operation (for our learning purposes)?

Return to “AC Motors”