Re: Moderador de Foro

Discuss AC Induction motors, Reversible motors, Synchronous motors, Low-Speed Synchronous motors, Torque motors, Gearheads, Brake Packs and related Accessories here.
zeeshan002

Postby zeeshan002 » Fri May 08, 2015 4:26 am

It is not getting that hot, but it gets around 150deg F. So, it sounds like the motor is fine at this temperature. My main concern is related to some plastic components nearby. Is there anything I can do to reduce the temperature of the motor?

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Mon May 11, 2015 6:13 pm

Hi zeeshan002,

The motor case temperature could get up to 100 deg C (212 deg F). Normal motor case temperature should be about 60 deg C (140 deg F). It does sound like the motor is OK. If you need to reduce temperature further, please use a cooling fan or heatsink the motor to help dissipate the heat. You can also try to isolate the heat from the plastic by other means such as using wood in between the plastic and metal. If it's a stepper motor system, you can reduce the motor current setting in order to reduce operating temperature, but it will also reduce torque. I might have some more ideas if I knew what model you're describing.

Here are our cooling fans: http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/a ... index.html

Return to “AC Motors”