Power Supply Conditioning

Discuss anything that may not be product related here.
bgmathes

Power Supply Conditioning

Postby bgmathes » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:32 pm

Hello

All the drivers for the products listed below will be in the same control cabinet. Main Power supply will be 208 3 phase with a neutral and a ground. Should I use one isolation transformer rated high enough to handle all the drives? What about EMI filtering? Do I need a filter for each drive? Or can I use one filter that can handle all the drives? 3 of the drives are 120VAC single phase, The BLF6400S-A is 3 phase. Please advise.
Thank You
1 EAC6R-E10-ARAAD-3
1 EAC6R-E25-ARAAD-3
1 DG200R-ARMAD2-3
1 BLF6400S-A

om_tech_support_JS

Re: Power Supply Conditioning

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:17 pm

Hi bgmathes,

For the most detailed information on wiring the drivers, please reference the "Installing and wiring in compliance with EMC Directives" section of the manuals. This can be found on pages 28 to 30 of the BLF manual and pages 32 to 33 of the AR manual (used for the EAC and DG packages).

BLF Manual:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 073-4E.pdf

AR Manual:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 065-7E.pdf

It is important to ensure that the appropriate voltage and amperage is being supplied to each driver.

-For the BLF6400S-A, the driver will require a three-phase 200-240 VAC input and 5.6 Amps or more.

-For the EAC6R-E10-ARAAD-3 and the EAC6R-E25-ARAAD-3, each driver will require a single-phase 100-120 VAC input with 3.6 Amps or more

-For the DG200R-ARMAD2-3, the driver will require a single-phase 100-120 VAC input with 5.9 Amps or more.

You can connect the BLF6400S-A (thee-phase 200-240 VAC input) directly to your power supply, and then use one transformer (that matches the voltage spec as well as sum of input current) to supply power to the 3 single-phase 100-120 VAC input products. It is recommended to contact an electrician for further assistance in transforming your current supply voltage to the single-phase requirement of the three drivers.

As far as one mains filter for multiple products, unfortunately we may not be the best people to give professional advice since we are product experts; not machine builders. Mains filters are designed to prevent EMI/EMS generated by the motor and driver from affecting adjacent equipment. Since we recommend installing mains filters as close to the driver as possible, we would suggest installing one mains filter per driver. For one filter, I would suggest testing to find out if it works for your application, or ask a professional electrician.

Trent Buhagiar

Re: Power Supply Conditioning

Postby Trent Buhagiar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:18 am

Thanks for the clarification! I salute you guys.

Return to “General Discussion”