CNC Router

Discuss anything that may not be product related here.
otorongo

CNC Router

Postby otorongo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:32 am

Hi, I am trying to build a CBC router and I am new at this. I have several speed control motors. Motor number 2IK6RGN-AUL. WITH 2GN18KA GEAR HEAD and CONTROL PACK SS21-UL and the respective Speed POTS. But I do not have the capacitors. I guess I will need them. But anyway, is this package suitable to build a CNC router? If so what else would i need? I also need to know how to set up the wiring on the control pack drive. Thanks

om_tech_support_JT

Re: CNC Router

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:33 pm

Hi,

The dedicated capacitor model number for the 2IK6RGN-AUL motor is CH20UL-C. It's $8 each and usually ships in 6 business days. However, due to the earthquake/tsunami situation in Japan (where our factories are), our lead times have been extended to approximately "2 weeks to ship" (from either Chicago or Los Angeles).

CAPACITOR INFO:
[ CH20UL-C ]
WEB: http://catalog.orientalmotor.com/item/a ... s/ch20ul-c

CNC routers usually use a more precision positioning type of motor called a step motor. These can position with accuracy but require more expensive electronics. The motors and controllers you have are only for crude speed control. They are meant for continuous duty constant rotation devices.

I can e-mail you a manual for the SS21-UL control pack if you give me your e-mail address.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

otorongo

Postby otorongo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi thanks for the help. My email address is jorgesalinas2@verizon.net
Can these motors be ontrolled with a computer? How? What do I need to interface with the computer?
Thanks

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:15 pm

Hi Jorge,

Please check your e-mail, and see attached for the speed control pack manual. It will show you how to wire the motor also.

These control packs weren't designed to work with a computer, but with switches and relays. If you can figure out how to use your computer to turn on/off relays that control our control pack's inputs, then it would work.

opppasopooew

Postby opppasopooew » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:47 am

What I read I really liked it. Thank you for your information!

aldoned

Postby aldoned » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:08 am

It will show you how to wire the motor also.

jackseasonna35

Postby jackseasonna35 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:26 pm

very good

Return to “General Discussion”