DC setup, pin outs cables etc etc

Discuss anything that may not be product related here.
edwardayliffe

DC setup, pin outs cables etc etc

Postby edwardayliffe » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:58 am

Hi

I have an ASX66A motor. It arrived with two cables presumably for RS232 and input power connections. So far anyway, I can't find any information on pin outs or how these cables are supposed to be used. There does not appear to be any written documentation for this information in the box included with the motor

Any information would be most appreciated. I'm looking for documents to show hardware connection information for connecting this motor to a PC for experimentation purposes including prime power DC/AC requirements for the motor etc etc

thanks

Ed Ayliffe
CPI Canada

om_tech_support_JT

Re: DC setup, pin outs cables etc etc

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:30 pm

Hi Ed,

First, we need to find out if you purchased the ASX66A-1 basic package model or the ASX66A-2 developer's package model. The developer package includes everything you need: an all-in-one closed-loop stepper motor, power connector, wire insert tool, RS-232C communication connector, communication cable, I/O cable, Immediate Motion Creator GUI software, and operator's manual. The basic package only includes the motor, power connector, wire insert tool, and the RS-232C communications connector.

If you did not purchase the developer's package, then you'll need to use the included connectors to make your own cables.

Here's the operator's manual for the ASX series:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 014-3E.pdf

Here's the ASX series catalog (general info):
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... asx_dc.pdf

The manual will show installation instructions as well as power supply requirements. On page 32, it says that the ASX motor will require 12~48VDC, 4.0 maximum current. Page 27 shows instructions for connecting to a PC.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

aldoned

Postby aldoned » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:38 pm

l need to use the included connectors to make your own cables.

tomcruzz

Postby tomcruzz » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:07 pm

good information from the tech support. I salute you guys. I also having the same problem.

Return to “General Discussion”