Motor Initialisation

Discuss Brushless DC Motor Speed Control Systems or AC Motor Speed Control systems and related Accessories here.
jeffwitz

Motor Initialisation

Postby jeffwitz » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:02 am

Hello,

We are using ARM69AK motor with ARD-K driver. We use the serial communication over USB communication protocol in order to communicate with the driver.
Everything work well while the driver has been initialised but we don't find anywhere the way to initialise the driver.

Could you send us the initialisation sequence that make the driver listen to the com port anr run the ascii instruction ?

Regards

om_tech_support_JT

Re: Motor Initialisation

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:44 am

Hi jeffwitz,

The communication port of the ARD-K driver is only designed to connect to a CC05IF-USB cable which converts our proprietary protocol to USB. A MEXE02 data programming software is offered for setting the data stored in the driver. However, your driver does not include a built-in controller so the functions of the MEXE02 software will be limited. Your communication method is not supported with your current combination of products.

There are 2 ways we can achieve your method of communication and operate the motor.

1. Purchase a SCX11 stored program controller which can output pulses as command signals for the ARD-K driver. The SCX11 offers a RS232 serial communication port which we recommend for ASCii communication.

http://catalog.orientalmotor.com/item/a ... lers/scx11

2. Purchase a ARD-KD driver with a built-in controller + RS-485 communication ports. This version of the driver allows you to edit all stored data parameters. You can use a Modbus RTU master device or terminal software to change the data within specific register addresses in the driver by writing hexadecimal commands. If you can convert your ASCii to Modbus RTU hexadecimal commands, that may work too.

http://catalog.orientalmotor.com/item/a ... ers/ard-kd

Hopefully this helps.

jeffwitz

Postby jeffwitz » Mon May 09, 2016 12:54 am

Hi,
Thank's for your reply,
We are working with a CM10 controller module. Can we eventually work with it to communicate with the ARM69AK motor ?

CM10: https://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwi8i-SDwczMAhUGiRoKHbqgARIQFggrMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.orientalmotor.eu%2Fmedia%2Ffiles%2Fuk_pdf_news_01.pdf%3Fdwnl%3D1&usg=AFQjCNGbNYbsDLvo0pkOyOZoh3mlqGevZQ

Regards

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Mon May 09, 2016 7:01 pm

The CM10 controller is the same as the SCX10 controller had before (updated with SCX11). The difference is in its connection method to the driver. The CM10 series controllers have adapters to connect and mount directly to drivers from different product series. The SCX10 or SCX11 controllers needs to be wired to the driver.

Since you already have the ARD-K driver, you must use the CM10-1A model in order to connect to the driver connector.

I have attached a more complete brochure showing the CM10 series controllers.

The CM10 series controllers offer an "Immediate Command" mode where commands entered via RS-232C, USB or CANopen will be immediately executed. This is the mode you need to be in when using ASCii. From your terminal software, you would have to send the exact program commands that we show in our manual in ASCii. The CM10 manual is too large to attach here. You'll have to send an e-mail to techsupport@orientalmotor.com.
Attachments
CM10 Series FULL LINEUP - 2 parts.pdf
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 77 times

jeffwitz

Postby jeffwitz » Fri May 20, 2016 2:16 am

I've sent an e-mail to orientalmotor support in order to get the CM10 manual, twice, but I have no answer.

Could you send us a link to download the CM10 manual, and any relevant documentation we could need, please?

Thank's in advance.

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:33 pm

Hi jeffwitz,

Your request was forwarded to OM France since you seem to be located in France. We are Oriental Motor USA and cannot provide localized support. The manual is too large to be posted here so I e-mailed it to your e-mail address.

jeffwitz

Postby jeffwitz » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:00 am

Hi,

I didn't received your email, and we still cannot use the motor, without initializing it under windows.
Could you send me the manual to this email: robin.siemiatkowski@ig2i.fr.
Thank you in advance.

om_tech_support_JS

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:15 am

Hi jeffwitz,

I just sent you another email with the CM10 manual attached to it. Please note that sometimes our emails end up in your spam folder. Therefore, please double check your inbox and spam folder for the email.

jeffwitz

Postby jeffwitz » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:36 am

Hi,

It seems there is a problem with our mail box, we don't received your e-mails, and the spam folder is empty.
Could you send us the CM10 manual to the next email ?
- robin.siemiatkowski@gmail.com

Thank you in advance.

om_tech_support_JS

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:54 am

Hi jeffwitz,

I just sent you another email, this time to robin.siemiatkowski@gmail.com with the CM10 manual attached to it. As before, please double check your inbox and spam folder for the email.

jeffwitz

Postby jeffwitz » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:10 am

Thank you, I finally received the manual.

The CM10 module is working well, I can send ASCII command to it, but I can't initialize it without your software (ICM for CM SCX). In fact, each time I want to use the motor, I have to first open the software, connect the motor I want to use, and then I can send ASCII command to it with my python program. I can't immediately use it. Is there an ASCII sequence to initialize it?

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:07 pm

Hi jeffwitz,

What do you see on your ASCII terminal when you first start the communication with our driver? Does it look like one of the following?

>
>verbose 1;echo 1
VERBOSE=1
ECHO=1
>

OR

-------------------------------------------
CM10-5
Controller Module
Software Version: 2.02
Copyright 2010
ORIENTAL MOTOR CO., LTD.
-------------------------------------------
>

Are you receiving any errors/alarms when you input a command? The alarm code/description could give us a hint on what parameters to change.

I'm not sure why you need to use the MEXE02 first to make it work. The CM10 controller should start up in immediate mode (AKA "monitor mode"). The MEXE02 software could be used to initialize its parameters (could be communication parameters like baud rate). You can also stored these parameters in the CM10 permanently if you create a CONFIG program which would automatically execute upon startup. In the program, you would be setting parameters only. Please refer to pages 87~89 of the CM10 manual for more details.

Here's what I think you need to check:

Communication Settings for general terminal software
8 bits, 1 stop bit, no parity
Baud rate: 9600 bps (first connection)
∗ The default USB and RS-232C baud rate of the CM10 is 9600 bps. After connecting initially, you
can change the baud rate as necessary.

jeffwitz

Postby jeffwitz » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:53 am

Hello,

When I launch the Immediate Motion Creator software I see on the terminal:

>verbose 1;echo 1
VERBOSE=1
ECHO=1

I use cutecom on linux to communicate with the driver, the communication settings are correctly set. If I first launch the IMC software, and then I open the communication with cutecom, it works, and it first prints that:

GB
GB=1(1)
Position range = +/- 50000500000)
Velocity range = 0.001 - 1240(1240)
Minimum Movable Distance = \0x02\0x00\0x10\0x00\0x00\0x00\0x00bL\0x09\0x00\0x00\0x00\0x00\0x00\0xff\0xff\0xff\0xff\0x03+/- 0.001(0.001)

And I can communicate with the CM10 controller, like on the IMC terminal. And it works until I power down the motor, at restart (with the same communication setting) , the driver is not responding, and I don't have any errors or alarms, and I have to reinitialize th driver with the IMC software.

I also tried to create a config program with the IMC software, but I can't use some parameters in it (like echo, verbose, or baud ...).

Do you have any idea?

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:49 pm

The following statement appears on my IMC software if I typed in "GB" then ENTER.

GB
GB=1(1)
Position range = +/- 50000500000)
Minimum Movable Distance = \0x02\0x00\0x10\0x00\0x00\0x00\0x00bL\0x09\0x00\0x00\0x00\0x00\0x00\0xff\0xff\0xff\0xff\0x03+/- 0.001(0.001)

It looks like this on my software:

>verbose 1;echo 1
VERBOSE=1
ECHO=1
>gb
GB=1(1)
Position range = +/- 500000(500000)
Minimum Movable Distance = +/- 0.001(0.001)
>

It seems you have script to send the "GB" command when your terminal communication is established.

I checked the BAUD command which is used to change the RS-232C communication baud rate. It seems that it does only work in monitor/immediate mode; not in program/sequence mode. I believe we need to first establish communication at 9600 bps baud rate, then change both devices to a higher baud rate. Can you first try to connect at 9600 bps?

jeffwitz

Postby jeffwitz » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:12 am

I found an solution to my problem. The communication setting was correctly set, but we have to send an ascii command to tell the CM10 controller to listen and answer: the talk command, something like "talk1\n" for the first conotroller, and so on..

Once the command is send, the CM10 controller woks like on the IMC software!

thank you for your help.
Regards

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:42 am

Hi jeffwitz,

Thanks for letting us know! We appreciate it. I thought you were working with factory settings which would default the controller to an ID of * which means no ID assigned. If you change this ID, then you must also use the TALK command to talk to that specified device by calling its ID.

tokakey

Postby tokakey » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:13 am

............... what is this ?
خرید گیفت کارت آیتونز picture p**o**r***:)n**o
http://www.tokakey.com/gift-card/itunes-gift-card

Return to “Speed Control Systems”