clutch and magnetic brake motor

Discuss Brushless DC Motor Speed Control Systems or AC Motor Speed Control systems and related Accessories here.
gabriel

clutch and magnetic brake motor

Postby gabriel » Thu May 27, 2010 9:56 am

Can i control the motor speed on a clutch and magnetic brake motor? all the Clutch and magnetic brake motors have the choice of control the speed or i need to specify when i order?

omsupport1

Re: clutch and magnetic brake motor

Postby omsupport1 » Thu May 27, 2010 10:16 am

gabriel,

As standard products from Oriental Motor, you would specify the speed of the output shaft by selecting an appropriate gear ratio for clutch/brake unit when you order.

If you wanted to control the speed of the motor with a vfd or the like, I would recommend not letting the motor speed exceed it's rated speed of 1500rpm @ 60hz. We can not gaurantee the life of the clutch/brake unit at speeds above the rated speed.

I am not sure that I have answered your question. Please let me know if I understood what you wanted to know.
Oriental Motor Product Forum Support
forum@orientalmotor.com

gabriel

Postby gabriel » Thu May 27, 2010 10:25 am

my question is related to that i need to find a clutch and magnetic brake motor 15w and i founded, my doubt is that in the diagram connection i can not see the blue wires (i think is called tachometer, i´m not sure) this mean in this motor you can not vary the speed with a potenciometer and thats what i need, the question could be if this motor have this "tachometer" or i need to specify when i order? thanks

omsupport1

Postby omsupport1 » Thu May 27, 2010 1:22 pm

gabriel,

I understand now. No, the clutch and brake motors do not have the tachogenerator with the blue lead wires installed on the back of them for use with our speed control packs.

Unfortunately, we do not offer a speed control version of the clutch/brake motors.

How frequently do you need to start and stop the motor? Perhaps we can come up with another solution that will offer speed control.

Please fell free to contact our technical support group directly at 1-800-468-3982 or techsupport@orientalmotor.com for further assistance.
Oriental Motor Product Forum Support
forum@orientalmotor.com

Return to “Speed Control Systems”