ES01 Failure

Discuss Brushless DC Motor Speed Control Systems or AC Motor Speed Control systems and related Accessories here.
rydogdav

ES01 Failure

Postby rydogdav » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:03 pm

I purchased an ES01 last year for a vibraphone motor and have finally hooked it up to a 6W motor, but after a few runs (cycling the power on and off), the motor controller has stopped working. When the power is on, the motor doesn't work and, regardless of whether the motor is plugged in or not, the ES01 makes small zap-like noises. I ask if there is a known fix for this before I request an RMA and before Tech support takes another month to get back to me via email. Thanks!

om_tech_support_JS

Re: ES01 Failure

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:47 am

Hi rydogdav,

In regards to your post, I apologize that you have not received a response, however, I was unfortunately unable to locate an original request sent in. Did you originally contact via phone or email?

Based on your description and the application, I would advise looking at the wiring of the system to make sure that there are no loose or damaged connections. You can reference the wiring diagram found on pages 10-11 of the English translation (electronically pages 28-29) of the ES01 manual which I have linked below:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 18-8JE.pdf

rydogdav

Postby rydogdav » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:50 pm

I have sent in two requests online at http://orientalmotor.com/contact/index.html under the tech support tab, as I couldn't find the tech email, just the sales support. As for the wiring, every thing is fine with connections (I checked about 5 times over after it failed), but the issue is that, even if I have nothing plugged in other than the N, L, and GND from the mains filter, the green power light fails to turn on and it continues to makes that zap-like sound I mentioned above. I have a feeling this is something internal...

om_tech_support_JS

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:49 am

Hi rydogdav,

Please check your email for receipt of the RMA process. In the mean time, is there any issue with the fuse in your connection?

Since the speed controller has no built-in fuse for overcurrent protection, the manual instructs to install a device for overcurrent protection (e.g. fuse) before connecting the unit to the power source.

rydogdav

Postby rydogdav » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:42 am

There is a 4A fuse in my mains filter, and that's actually the first thing I checked when the ES01 died. The fuse was OK.

om_tech_support_JS

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:40 am

Hi rydogdav,

Have you received the RMA email? If so, please proceed with the form if you have not done so already.

Return to “Speed Control Systems”