Brushless DC motor and PLC controller

Discuss Brushless DC Motor Speed Control Systems or AC Motor Speed Control systems and related Accessories here.
iyhernandezo

Brushless DC motor and PLC controller

Postby iyhernandezo » Tue May 10, 2011 9:45 am

Hi,

I'm using two of your BLH series motor to implement an AGV application. The idea is to have a PLC controlling all the AGV function and sending speed to the controller card. I have interfaced all the signal and I'm know ready to start/stop the motor I can get alarm signal etc... but I'm having problems getting the speed output signal to work properly in the PLC. I'm using an Allen Bradley micrologix controller with high speed inputs up to 100KHz (I think I should not have problems with the speed) but I haven't been able to get the speed altough I'm getting some signal into the PLC.

First of all I would like to know if you have any experience with this kind of application.

On the other hand I would like to confirm the following information: as the speed output send 30 pulses per revolution in the motor shaft and I'm using a BLH5100KC-20FR with gear ratio of 20, so in the output shaft I will have 1.5 pulses per revolution.

I appreciatte all you help and thanks in advance,

Ibraim

omsupport1

Re: Brushless DC motor and PLC controller

Postby omsupport1 » Tue May 10, 2011 2:26 pm

Ibraim,

Thank you for choosing Oriental Motor products!

Yes, we have experience with HBL products working with PLC's.

Are you seeing anything at the input of the PLC from the SPEED output of the HBL?
Are you supplying voltage to pin 2 of the HBL driver and grounding pin 3 of the HBL driver?

Since the motor outputs 30 pulse per motor shaft revolution, you will see 600 pulses per rotation of the gear shaft.

Does this help?
Oriental Motor Product Forum Support
forum@orientalmotor.com

Return to “Speed Control Systems”