Two motors and one driver?

Discuss Brushless DC Motor Speed Control Systems or AC Motor Speed Control systems and related Accessories here.
motormistress

Two motors and one driver?

Postby motormistress » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:10 pm

I have a conveyor system with two belts that need to be run at the same time. I want to be able to adjust the speed of the motors simultaneously. Once the speed is set, I want to make sure they are running at about the same speed, even when additional product is placed onto the belts. Do you have a speed control system that can do this?

omsupport1

Re: Two motors and one driver?

Postby omsupport1 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:32 am

We do not recommend running two motors off of one driver with our products. However, it is possible to set two axes to the same speed and even adjust both speeds the same amount with a common potentiometer.

Several prodcuts in Oriental Motor's line of Brushless DC Motors and Driver packages can be connected in a "Leader/Follower" method that will allow the individual speeds for each axis to be set (even if the same speed) and the use a "Master" potentiometer to then vary the speed of both axes simultaneously.

Regarding your desire for the speed to not change even if the load changes, this capability is a standard function/feature of our BLDC product line.

Which product you should use depends on your load and speed regulation requirements. We will be happy to help you determine those, if you would like.

Let me know if you need more details.
Oriental Motor Product Forum Support
forum@orientalmotor.com

Return to “Speed Control Systems”