Need manuals for BLD224-S

Discuss Brushless DC Motor Speed Control Systems or AC Motor Speed Control systems and related Accessories here.

Need manuals for BLD224-S

Postby wmayhugh » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:43 am

Anyone have the manuals for a BLD224-S Brushless Motor Speed Control Driver and a BL315GK-24S Motor? Both are Vexta products. I have been all over the internet with no luck.

The main reason I need the manual is so I can hook up the external pot. I am hooking it up per the picture on the top of the controller, but I don't have any speed control. Nor do I have any speed control with the on board speed control pot. Also, if I don't install an external pot the motor won't run.
wmayhugh

Re: Need manuals for BLD224-S

Postby om_technical_support » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi wmayhugh,

Please see attached for the BLS series brushless motor/driver datasheet which includes the information you need. See page 2 for information on external potentiometer, internal potentiometer, and external analog voltage. All 3 can be used to set the speed of your motor.

For external potentiometer, you would wire your 20 Kohm, 1/4W potentiometer's 3 terminals to driver screw terminals 5, 6, and 7. Both the START/STOP, RUN/BRAKE inputs need to be ON in order for the motor to rotate.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Attachments
BLS English.pdf
(478.21 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
om_technical_support

Re: Need manuals for BLD224-S

Postby wmayhugh » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:37 am

Thanks for the docs and the information. I'm a little embarrassed :oops: to say that the 2 motor units I have had crimped brown wires which caused the motor to ignor the speed control. Once I fixed that, everything worked correctily. The info for the onboard speed control was worth the wait.
wmayhugh

Return to Speed Control Systems