ARD-KD will not return to ready

Discuss Linear or Rotary Actuators, GUI's and related Accessories here.
lyeung

ARD-KD will not return to ready

Postby lyeung » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:42 pm

I have an ARD-KD connected to an EAC Series linear actuator. I have managed to interface with it via RS-485 and LabView through a simple VISA serial interface in which a serial command is sent in hex, but it is not letting me do anything else after that without a hard power-cycle. Looking at the I/O monitor on MEXE02, it seems as though the ARD-KD is "stuck" in a place where it is not ready, i.e., it never completes the operation as far as Modbus/RS-485 is concerned (see attached images).

I am sending the following hex code to it:

1106 007D 000A 9B45

which tells the slave driver #1 (11) to write to register (06) a driver input command (007Dh) to run stored positioning operation #2 (000A). 9B45 are the two calculated CRC-16 bits. Operation #2 right now is

Positioning mode: ABS
Position [step]: 22000
Operating speed [Hz]: 20000
Operating mode: Single
Push Current [%]: 20.0
Dwell time [s]: 0
Sequential positioning: Disable
Acceleration [ms/kHz] or [s]: 1.000
Deceleration [ms/kHz] or [s]: 1.000

This is just one example of a positioning operation, but it is the case for all operations we have tried: The first one can be executed, but none after that.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks.
Attachments
On-ready.png
On and ready, before any instructions are sent
On-ready.png (35.43 KiB) Viewed 6541 times
On-not ready.png
After first instruction; on but NOT ready.
On-not ready.png (29.83 KiB) Viewed 6541 times

lyeung

Re: ARD-KD will not return to ready

Postby lyeung » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:12 pm

Some more information: The behavior is the same even when I use a commercial serial connection diagnostic program, so LabView is not the problem.

om_tech_support_JT

Re: ARD-KD will not return to ready

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:10 pm

Hi lyeung,

We're glad that you were able to figure out how to interface our product with LabView.

I only see one data set here. Are you trying to execute position operation #2 repeatedly? If so, it will only do it once since it's set for absolute positioning. If it's already at the absolute position, then it won't move again. You can set it for incremental positioning if you're trying to make the same move repeatedly.

The screenshots are consistent with what you're trying to do. M1 + START input means execute position operation #2.

The READY output turns ON when all of the following conditions are satisfied.
• The driver main power supply is turned ON.
• All inputs which start operation are OFF
• The FREE input is OFF
• The C-ON input is ON (When the C-ON input is assigned)
• The STOP input is OFF
• An alarm is not present.
• The motor is not operating.
• Test operation, downloading, initializing or teaching function was not performed using the OPX-2A.
• Test function, downloading or teaching function was not performed using the MEXE02.
• Configuration commands, all data initialization commands and batch non-volatile memory read commands are not
executed via RS-485 communication.

I think in your case, the READY output turned OFF because you turned on START and M1. Make sure to set them to 0 so the READY output turns ON. Then you can input your next command.

Return to “Linear and Rotary Actuators and Controls”