EAS Load and Speed

Discuss Linear or Rotary Actuators, GUI's and related Accessories here.
jayaramms

EAS Load and Speed

Postby jayaramms » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:41 pm

Hi,
I purchased EAS6LX-E050-ARMKD-3, by looking at the specification i thought max speed will be 600mm/Sec & Load will be 60Kg.
Power being supplied is 24VDC.

But now i can not able to run the slide above 300mm/sec & it gives me frequently ''overload'' Alarm though the load is just around 30Kg.

Please help me out to know & resolve this issue.

om_tech_support_JT

Re: EAS Load and Speed

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:56 pm

Hi jayaramms,

The EAS6LX-E050-ARMKD-3 slide model can carry a max load of 60 kg horizontally / 30 kg horizontally. Is your application vertical or horizontal? Are you using rails or a guide for the load? This could add extra friction which reduces the max load capacity of the slide.

We could try to slow down the acceleration/deceleration setting to see if that reduces the required torque enough for the motor to work. We can also try using 48VDC instead of 24VDC for better high speed characteristics.

However, it has a max speed specification of 300 mm/sec; not 600 mm/sec. There seems to be an error on the specifications shown on the website. I would advise that you contact your local Oriental Motor office or authorized distributor to request an RMA for returning the product if it won't work for your application. We apologize for this error and it will be fixed ASAP.

Here's the catalog which shows the correct specifications:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... uators.pdf

We offer a EAS6LX-D050-ARMKD-3 model which is the exact same model as yours, but with a 12 mm lead on the screw instead of 6 mm. However, using a 12 mm lead would also drop the transportable mass to 30 kg horizontal / 15 kg vertical.

SPECS: http://catalog.orientalmotor.com/item/a ... 50-armkd-3

If your load is around 30 kg moving in the horizontal direction, and you need 600 mm/sec, the EAS6LX-D050-ARMKD-3 will work. If you can reduce these requirements, we can check to see if any other product might work.

Return to “Linear and Rotary Actuators and Controls”