ARAAD-3 DIRECT I/O CONTROL

Discuss Linear or Rotary Actuators, GUI's and related Accessories here.
bgmathes

ARAAD-3 DIRECT I/O CONTROL

Postby bgmathes » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:03 pm

Hello
First time using oriental motor stepper system. My PLC associated with this project does not offer MODBUS RTU Master, only slave.
Any way to make this work?
If not, I am looking at controlling by direct Inputs and Outputs via CN8 and CN9. Cant find any info on the cable that plugs these ports. I need cable pinout drawing in order to create electrical schematics. Please Help

Thanks in Advance

om_tech_support_JS

Re: ARAAD-3 DIRECT I/O CONTROL

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:33 pm

Hi bgmathes,

Linear and Rotary Actuators ending in the part number ARAAD-3 as well as our other "FLEX" type drivers can be controlled via I/O, Modbus, or an FA Network. Therefore, if you are unable to control these drivers via Modbus, and wish to use the CN8 and CN9 connections to operate the drives via a PLC, then the I/O option would be the recommendation for your application. You can store data points to the driver using our MEXE02 software (which is a free download from our website) and our CC05IF-USB communication cable.

MEXE02 software download link:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/support/so ... tware.html

Once you connect the driver to the computer via the CC05IF-USB cable, then you can use the MEXE02 software to store up to 64 different data points. These data points can then be run using a binary configuration of the M0 - M5 inptus followed by a START input. The binary configuration of the M0 - M5 inputs can be found on page 51 of the manual linked below:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 065-7E.pdf

These drivers feature phoenix connectors. Therefore, you can reference the wire gage thickness information on page 35 of the manual linked above. You can also reference pages 37 and 38 for the connection from your PLC to the driver. These two pages show either a Sinking or a Sourcing logic when it comes to wiring the PLC (Controller) to the driver.

Return to “Linear and Rotary Actuators and Controls”