Reset current position

Discuss Linear or Rotary Actuators, GUI's and related Accessories here.
UE07

Reset current position

Postby UE07 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:04 pm

Question,

I'm using an ARD-KD driver with a ARMK motor, this is for index a belt with multiple nest.

Is there a way to reset the current position every time a program reach the steps declared?

Every time I send the start command to a program,I need to reset the current position once the steps have reached.

This is to monitor if the motor reach the position, because the index could be stopped before the step have been reach, but we need to complete the step to the final postion

The question is because if the current position reach the maximum value the logic on the PLC will get an error, also if the variable on the PLC reach the maximum value, this will happen.

I tried with the wrap function but I'm not sure I'm using it well.

om_tech_support_JS

Re: Reset current position

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:24 am

Hi UE07,

In regards to your post, the most common method to avoid getting the error is to create a wrap. Another alternative would be to turn on the P-Preset input which will change the current position to the value set for the position preset value (factory setting is 0).

You also mentioned that the system could be stopped before the position is reached. Therefore, the best solution will be to determine a wrap setting range. From the AR manual, page 201, you have to meet the two following conditions in order for the wrap range to be accepted:

Setting Condition of Wrap Function.png
Setting Condition of Wrap Function.png (88.62 KiB) Viewed 116 times

So that I can further assist you with this setting, can you tell me some more information about the application? How many steps are required for the motion?

Return to “Linear and Rotary Actuators and Controls”