EZ limo - Operating Speed

Discuss Linear or Rotary Actuators, GUI's and related Accessories here.
yeohwc

EZ limo - Operating Speed

Postby yeohwc » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi,
For V -operating speed ,how to do convert to mm/s.
Please advise

om_tech_support_JT

Re: EZ limo - Operating Speed

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:49 am

Hi,

I will probably need more background information to provide a better answer.

"V" refers to a programming parameter, "velocity", within some of our step motor controller programming languages. It does not exist on the EZlimo system since programming devices for the EZlimo already display speed in mm/sec. Are you using one of our controllers to control your EZlimo actuator system in driver mode? You will need to convert your "V", which is most likely a rotary speed in pulses/sec, to a linear speed, mm/sec, with the pitch of your ballscrew or the circumference of your pulley (depends on what you connect to our motor).

yeohwc

Postby yeohwc » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi,
Presently I am using EMP 400 as controller . For V-operating speed is in Hertz . How do I convert to mm/sec
I am using ELS motor and resolution is 0.01mm.

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi,

For the EMP series controllers, you can set the DISTANCE to any unit you would like by using the UNIT command, however, you cannot set the SPEED to any unit you like. The SPEED parameters such as V (run velocity) and VS (starting velocity) are always in pulses, or steps, per second. We have newer controllers that can alter the unit for speed according to personal preference. I would suggest that you look at the SCX10, ASX, or CRK+ (built-in controller type) for this function.

Return to “Linear and Rotary Actuators and Controls”