Angular Position Readout

Discuss Linear or Rotary Actuators, GUI's and related Accessories here.
jestrada

Angular Position Readout

Postby jestrada » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:30 pm

Hello,
I am currently using an SCX11 controller configured with Sink C-on settings. It is connected by a USB to a DG85R-ARAA-3 actuator and driver set. I am planning on purchasing a PADG-SB NPN Home sensor to set a mechanical home. Is there a way to use this mechanical home sensor to get an angular position display. I know that the IMC software will provide the current position based on counts, but I am wondering if there is a way to get a secondary check on the system.

Thank you!

Jorel

om_tech_support_JT

Re: Angular Position Readout

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:22 am

Hello Jorel,

The PADG-SB home sensor is an optical sensor that will be activated every time the motor passes its location. Therefore it is not an accurate way to keep track of the position since this sensor will turn on when motor passes from either direction. In order to keep track of the real time location, you will need to use the ASG, BSG outputs from the driver. These outputs are 5VDC pulse signals, line driver type, quadrature mode. You can use a high speed counter to count the pulses, which will provide the real time position feedback. Or you can connect them to the SCX11 controller. SCX11 has dedicated ASG, BSG input, which will count the pulses for position feedback.

Please feel free to contact our technical support at 1-800-GO-VEXTA (468-3982) if there are any questions.

Return to “Linear and Rotary Actuators and Controls”