Using external signals to call programmed routines

Discuss Linear or Rotary Actuators, GUI's and related Accessories here.
jestrada

Using external signals to call programmed routines

Postby jestrada » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:33 pm

Hello,
I am using an SCX11 controller with a LSD-A driver and DG85R-ARAA-3 Actuator. I see in the manual that you can use an external 5 V signal to call a saved program using the SCX11 controller. I have access to a 5 V signal from an Allen-Bradley PLC, but how can I use that to "call" a program that I create with the IMC?

Thank you!

Jorel

om_tech_support_JT

Re: Using external signals to call programmed routines

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi Jorel,

The SCX11 controller can store up to 100 different sequences and each sequence is assigned to a number when you write the program and save it on the controller using Immediate Motion Creator software. Also, the SCX11 inputs can be assigned to either system input such as HOME, LS+, LS- etc, or general input such as IN1, IN2. When assigned as general inputs, you can use the binary combination of these inputs to call the saved program. For example:

Program #5 will be the combination of IN1 and IN3.
Program #10 will be the combination of IN2 and IN4.

For detailed binary combination mapping, please refer to Pg. 129 of the manual linked blow:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 60080E.pdf

Therefore, if you would like to run Program #5, you will need to turn on IN1, and IN3 by applying 5VDC to the input terminal, and then activate the START input, SCX11 will execute Program #5. Likewise, you will need to turn on IN2 and IN4 to run Program #10.

Please feel free to contact our Technical Support at 1-800-GO-VEXTA (468-3982), or techsupport@orientalmotor.com if there are any further questions.

jestrada

Re: Using external signals to call programmed routines

Postby jestrada » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:17 am

Excellent! I am still awaiting to receive a few parts that I have ordered, but I believe that I will be able to use this information to get the product working.

Thank you!

Jorel

Return to “Linear and Rotary Actuators and Controls”