Operating ARD-KD through LabView

Discuss Linear or Rotary Actuators, GUI's and related Accessories here.
jayaramms

Operating ARD-KD through LabView

Postby jayaramms » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:33 am

I am using ADR-KD driver and I am controlling the driver through labview via modbus

Now i can give a command through my labview software but i am stucked while giving ALM RESET & Jogging operation(Teaching)

om_tech_support_JT

Re: Operating ARD-KD through LabView

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:42 pm

Hi jayaramms,

I'm glad that you figured out how to integrate LabView with our products. Did you download the LabView/Modbus library from National Instruments? Did you use the NI VISA? We're always trying to learn how our customers integrate with LabView.

I think I would need more information to help determine the cause of the issue.

What do you mean by "stuck"? The driver doesn't respond to any more Modbus commands? What are you trying to do when this issue occurs? What register addresses are you using in the driver? Are you giving the ALM RESET and JOGGING commands at the same time? Any driver alarms?

jayaramms

Postby jayaramms » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:19 am

Yes, i download the NI visa & modbus comm etc form NI.
For setting the operation data(EX: posiotion, Acceleration & push current) i will use labview,which is working fine.

But now i want to perform jogging operation through labview,for that i require the address of the jogging parameters so
where would i get the Address of the icons(<<,<,+,-,>,>>)which i use for jogging operation.

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:48 pm

We do not offer register addresses specifically for the arrow icons within our MEXE02 software, remote/teaching operation window. I think it would be best to use our MEXE02 software to reassign the inputs to include jogging and continuous move inputs such as +JOG, -JOG, FWD, and RVS. FYI turning on the jog inputs will execute incremental moves to a specified position; and the FWD/RVS inputs will execute continuous moves. You can also edit jogging parameters with the MEXE02. After you have saved your new settings, use the 007Dh driver input command register to turn on the specific inputs you want. Let me know if you have any questions.

jayaramms

Postby jayaramms » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:26 pm

Thank you. I am clear with my previous question

If i run the oriental motor continuously for 5-6 hours i'll get alarm which blinks 7 times.
so i had gone through the manual which says so many cause

How can i find out what was particular cause for this error?

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:37 pm

There are many 7 blink alarms. If you connect the MEXE02 software to your ARD-KD driver, you can view the exact alarm code for the alarm. It's probably a software overtravel alarm. If so, you can reset it by using the WRAP function (as described in the user manual) or ROUND setting (as described on the MEXE02 software - coordinates parameters). If you want to try it from Labview via Modbus, try to read register 0081h for the alarm code. For the WRAP settings, you'll have to write to 038Fh to enable or disable it, and write to 0391h for the value at which you want to reset the internal counter to avoid software overtravel.

jayaramms

Postby jayaramms » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:22 am

Thank you.

jayaramms

Postby jayaramms » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:34 pm

I am using EZlimo with ARD-KD drive, How to convert the Operating speed in Hertz to mm/Sec

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:46 pm

Hz for us means pulses or steps per second so all we need to figure out is the linear resolution in mm per step. It will depend on your set resolution on the ARD-KD driver and the lead or pitch of your screw. The lead or pitch will give you mm per motor revolution, and dividing the lead/pitch by the resolution (pulses or steps per rev) will result in mm per step.

This is assuming that you do not have a gearhead between the motor and the screw.

jayaramms

Postby jayaramms » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:45 am

If i change the parameters or any data through RS-485 and write to the drive,the writing will happen
but
after switching off the drive the changed data will not be saved. May i know the reason for this please

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:49 pm

Hi jayaramms,

If you want the changed parameter to be stored in the ARD-KD driver even after it power cycles, you need to do a batch write operation. A batch write (0193h register) writes the parameters saved in the RAM to the non-volatile memory. The non-volatile memory can be rewritten approximately 100,000 times.

rjobe

Postby rjobe » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:29 am

Quick related question - does the DG-II series controller support programmatic control during operation the same as the ARD-KD? We are also hoping to control our device using LabVIEW as part of a larger application that includes the hollow rotary actuator.

jayaramms

Postby jayaramms » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:42 am

Absolute position error!!

I have taught around 30 points on the rotary axis AR24SAKD-H100-3, but repeatedly i am getting Absolute position error Alarm.

1. May i know what are all the reasons for getting this error

2. For what are all conditions i have to re-teach 30 positions.

3.What are the conditions which requires Preset input & do i have to re-teach all positions after Preset input?

4. Manual says, "The power was turned on while operation range of multi-rotation was exceeded the specification" this causes the absolute position error.. may i know what exactly is the cause in this condition.

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:58 am

rjobe,

The newly updated DG II series stored data type drivers are exactly the same as the AR series stored data type drivers. For example, the DG60-ARAKD2-3 stored data type driver + rotary actuator package model include exactly the ARD-KD 24VDC stored data driver.

See following announcement regarding DG II series drivers: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=944

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:27 am

jayaramms,

Here are all the possible causes and remedial actions for the absolute positioning error 33h.

ARD-KD absolute positioning error description.jpg
ARD-KD absolute positioning error description.jpg (106.69 KiB) Viewed 38025 times

Do you have the "absolute position backup system" enabled? Do you have a battery connected? I would suggest inputting a P-CLR signal and then a P-PRESET signal.

The absolute position error alarm can be reset by turning the P-CLR input from ON to OFF, or executing the reset of the absolute position error alarm using the OPX-2A, MEXE02 or RS-485 communication. This alarm cannot be reset by any other methods.

See pages 64 and 93 for additional information:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 190-7E.pdf

To reset the absolute position error alarm in Modbus, try setting 30C1h to 1 then back to 0, then 30C5h to 1 then back to 0.

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:36 pm

jayaramms,

I believe this answer was provided in a different post of yours, but please try to perform a Batch NV memory write operation via Modbus using the register address 403 decimal or 0193h.

skydubin

Postby skydubin » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:32 am

hi jayaramms,

i am using Labview to operate ARD-KD, too. Could you send me the Labview Code? I am real new in Labview : )
Email: rising1sun1@hotmail.com

Return to “Linear and Rotary Actuators and Controls”