Linear slide X,Y,Z & Rotary Axis

Discuss Linear or Rotary Actuators, GUI's and related Accessories here.
jayaramms

Linear slide X,Y,Z & Rotary Axis

Postby jayaramms » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:52 am

Hi,
I am using 4 axis i.e x,y,z and rotary together for my application. Please suggest how to define the co-ordinates for all 4 at once.

om_tech_support_JT

Re: Linear slide X,Y,Z & Rotary Axis

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:50 pm

I'm not 100% sure of your inquiry and I don't know what products you have. If you want to set move distances for all 4 axes at the same time (and you are using our FLEX products which includes stored data type drivers with RS-485 ports which are communicating with a master Modbus RTU), you can use broadcast mode on the master to send a command to all slaves. However, this won't work unless the coordinates for all the motors are exactly the same. It's easier if you preset all 64 move distances first with your master or with our MEXE02 software, then use the M0~M5 + START inputs to execute motion at the same time.

Broadcast information is on page 133 of the manual here:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 190-3E.pdf

jayaramms

Postby jayaramms » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:35 am

Manual says for Direct positioning operation Use MS0-MS5, M0-M5 to select the operation data
Please clarify What exactly the difference between MS & M bits

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:54 am

A stored data type driver (AKA Flex) is very flexible in what it can do. You can set it up to use direct positioning operation with the MS0~MS5 inputs or BCD selective positioning operation with the M0~M5 inputs. In direction positioning, each input is linked only to one move. We have a limited number of inputs which can be reassigned to any of the available functions. In selective positioning operation, you can store up to 64 moves and then select the operation data number of the motion profile with the M0~M5 BCD (binary coded decimal) input bits, and the START input will execute the move. Both the direct positioning operation and the BCD selective positioning operation will work with linked moves.

jayaramms

Postby jayaramms » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:46 am

The motor is in OFF state but HMI status is OFF and i couldn't able to move the motor.

Please let me know why is this happening?

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:22 pm

Hi jayaramms,

If the motor is off, and you couldn't move the motor by hand, it means either you cannot overcome the detent torque of the motor while it's not energized (multiplied by gear ratio or screw lead), or there's an electromagnetic brake on the motor locking the shaft in place. To release the brake, you must energize the motor.

Return to “Linear and Rotary Actuators and Controls”