ARD-KD Via Unitronics PLC

Discuss Linear or Rotary Actuators, GUI's and related Accessories here.
jayaramms

ARD-KD Via Unitronics PLC

Postby jayaramms » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:48 am

Hi, I am using Unitronics vision 120 PLC to read and write the position to ARD-KD.
But i couldnt able to establish the communication between these two.

SW1 is at 1,Sw2 is at 0,SW3 1& 2 are ON.
PLC i have set the slave ID as 17,9600 baud,even parity,1 stop bit, 8 data bits.

can anyone please help me to establish the basic communication .

om_tech_support_JT

Re: ARD-KD Via Unitronics PLC

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:23 pm

H jayaramms,

I looked up that Unitronics vision 120 PLC and saw that it offered both RS-485 and Modbus communication specifications. Our communication protocols are RS-485 and Modbus RTU.

The dip switch settings indicate that your device ID is set to 17 (SW1 setting + SW3-1 setting), your transmission rate is set to 9600 baud (SW2), and your Modbus mode is ON. This matches your PLC settings.

Some of the things I would check are:

1. Are the C-DAT, C-ERR LED's lit when you are sending messages? C-DAT means there's data communication, and C-ERR means it's not communicating properly. If these are not lit at all, then we may have a wiring issue.

2. What type of alarm does your ARD-KD driver generate? The alarm code helps to narrow down the possible causes.

3. How are you connecting our ARD-KD driver to your PLC? Which COM port did you use on our driver?

4. If it was working before but not now, we could try to initialize the driver settings back to factory settings.

jayaramms

Postby jayaramms » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:42 pm

1. C-DAT is OFF.
2.There are no alarms
3.Connecction is done as per the attached file. Cables are checked multiple times and i have ensured the countinuity of each n every cable.
Attachments
wiring.docx
(18.87 KiB) Downloaded 295 times

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:00 pm

Since the C-DAT LED is not ON, I'd have to assume that our ARD-KD driver is not receiving any communication. Your network converter may not be working properly. It's actually a pretty common issue.

Is the C-ERR LED ON? By the way the C-DAT LED should only blink when there's communication. Look at it as you're sending messages to it.
Can you tell if your network converter is transmitting anything to our ARD-KD driver or receiving any messages from your PLC?
Has your network converter worked with another device before?
Did you cycle power after changing the dip switches on our driver?
You can also try the CN7 communication port right by the CN6 port on our driver to see if that helps.

Return to “Linear and Rotary Actuators and Controls”