ETO Alarm Clear Using Alarm Reset

Discuss Stepper motors, Drivers, Controllers, GUI's and related Accessories here.
om_tech_support_PB

ETO Alarm Clear Using Alarm Reset

Post by om_tech_support_PB » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:31 pm

Q: Is there another way to reset an ETO alarm without using the ETO-CLR input? I’m trying to use as little inputs as possible, and the ALM-RST input doesn’t work.

A: The ALM-RST input can be used, however the factory settings are not set up for it. In order to use the ALM-RST input, the “ETO reset action (ALM-RST)” parameter must be changed to “”ON-Edge”. The photo below shows the factory setting “ETO-CLR ineffective”- meaning ALM-RST will not clear an ETO alarm. Changing the reset action parameter to “ON-Edge” will allow the ALM-RST input to clear the ETO alarm when the signal turns from low to high.

ETO Reset Action Options.png
ETO Reset Action Options.png (32.74 KiB) Viewed 439 times

You can also choose to have the C-ON and STOP inputs clear the alarm if you have those available as well. The C-ON input is factory set to “ETO-CLR ineffective”, so C-ON will not reset the alarm, but the STOP input is factory set to "ON-Edge” meaning it will reset the alarm once the STOP input signal is turned from low to high.

If you have any other questions about the ETO function, please feel free to contact us at techsupport@orientalmotor.com or 1-800-468-3982.

Morrissette

Re: ETO Alarm Clear Using Alarm Reset

Post by Morrissette » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:30 am

Does having the C-ON and STOP inputs clear the alarm mess with any other settings by any chance?

om_tech_support_KR

Re: ETO Alarm Clear Using Alarm Reset

Post by om_tech_support_KR » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:45 am

Hi Morrissette,

Only the C-ON would have an effect with how the driver functions. If C-ON is set as one of the I/O then you would have to turn it on to provide current to the motor when ready to run after the ETO-Alarm is cleared. When its not set to the I/O then the current is always provided to the motor automatically and can be cut with the FREE input. The C-ON is not factory set as one of the inputs but STOP and FREE are.