Minimum wiring required between SCX11 and NXD75-s

Discuss Oriental Motor's new NX series servo motor series, or anything related to servo technology.
markus506

Minimum wiring required between SCX11 and NXD75-s

Post by markus506 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:54 am

Hi there,

Using the NXD75-s and an NXM940A motor in my first application. I require the motor to operate in torque control mode. I plan on programming the NXD75-s using the MEXE02 software. I am wondering what the absolute minimum wiring required is for connector CN7. I purchased an SCX11 for this, without fulling knowing how the system works. Do I need to wire up the >30 I/O shown in the diagram in the manual, or can I just signal stored positions in the driver using a couple of I/O from the SCX11? My apologies for my ignorance on the product; I am trying to save my tech. hours of wiring if I don't need to do it.

Thanks,

Mark

om_tech_support_KR

Re: Minimum wiring required between SCX11 and NXD75-s

Post by om_tech_support_KR » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:09 am

Hi Mark,

The I/O that will need to be wired from the CN7 I/O connector on the NXD75-S in torque control mode would be the CW and CCW, M0, M1, ALM-RST, and IN-COM for the inputs. For the outputs on the NX driver you would need the ASG, BSG, ZSG, ALM, READY and GND either pin 2 or 21 both GND pins are not needed. The SCX11 manual does show a sample wiring for the NX on page 63 and 64 for sink and source wiring but this is for the NX position mode. The wiring examples have the voltage switch set to 5V. In the IMC for SCX software under the System Config tab you can change the Driver I/O when set to Manual settings to match them to the I/O on the NX when set in torque control.

I will link the SCX11 manual below for your reference. Also reference page 35 for the pin assignments.
https://www.orientalmotor.com/products/ ... 60080E.pdf

Below is the NX manual reference page 47 for the I/O when in NX torque control mode. Page 50 and 52 has a sample wiring diagram in sink and source configuration.
https://www.orientalmotor.com/products/ ... 073-8E.pdf

markus506

Post by markus506 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:08 am

Thank you very much for the information.

When looking at the NX manual (specifically page 45 for position and 47 for torque), I assume that any of the signals labelled with an '*" are optional? At least, I am assuming that based on the footnote on the page saying that they are effective if changed by software. Thus, I would just connect the non-* wires (other than the +24 cw/ccw) and I should be good to go. Does that sound correct?

Thanks,

Mark

om_tech_support_KR

Post by om_tech_support_KR » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:21 am

Hi Mark,

The * in the manual means the outputs can be changed with the software but you are correct in that those aren't necessary to run the motor. From the input side if you don't have any torque limits set then you wouldn't need the TL, M0 and M1 inputs. Also P-REQ and P-Preset won't be necessary.