BX: Continuous operation in Position Control Mode

om_tech_support_JT

BX: Continuous operation in Position Control Mode

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:24 pm

Q: I have a BX series motor with OPX-1A external control module. My application requires the motor to run continuously for a certain amount of time, and then go to a specific location followed by a home routine. I see that I can setup data sets in either speed control mode or position control mode. So do I have to switch back and forth between the two modes for my application?

A: For your application, you can program all three sequences under position control mode. The BX series motor with OPX-1A control is capable of programming up to 8 different data sets in each mode. In position control mode, Data set 0 and Data set 1 can be programmed to run either in index mode, or continuously (scan function). Please follow the link below for the OPX-1A control manual and Pg. 17 will go over the continuous operation.
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 168-3E.pdf

Also, in order to use the Scan function, you will need to first enable it from the OPX-1A control. You can do this by going into program mode and scroll to SEL-Scn, by changing the value between 0 and 1. You can disable/enable the Scan function. This is shown on Pg. 36 of the manual.

Please note that when Scan function is enabled, acceleration/deceleration time settings will follow the settings for corresponding Data sets in speed control mode.

Return to “Speed Control Systems”